In this unique experience you will learn the whole process of our golden bean through a colorful and original journey, starting with a visit to certified coffee plantation, following a a tour at Cafe Britt, passing through our roastery, and ending with a session to learn the secrets behind a cup of gourmet coffee.
During this original trip our visitors enjoy:
• A visit to Finca Los Cedros, a Rainforest Alliance certified plantation.
• Tour of the sustainable coffee plantation.
• Visit to the coffee mill and drying patios.
• Tour at Britt coffee roasting plant.
• Coffee cupping session at Café Britt’s theater
• Session on methods for the preparation of coffee such as the chorreador, the French press and the vandola.
• Tasting of coffee roasts and Britt chocolates.
• Round trip transportation from hotels - Finca Los Cedros- Café Britt
• Entrance and guided tour at the Los Cedros Coffee Farm, a plantation certified by Rainforest Alliance.
• Delicious lunch at the Don Próspero Restaurant.
• Coffee Lovers Experience at Café Britt.
At Café Britt, visitors can visit the Britt product factory store, the mini farm and the butterfly garden.
Discover the certified plantation of Finca Los Cedros how the unique microclimates of Costa Rica, and their combination with the fertile lands, provide the ideal conditions to grow the best gourmet coffee beans.
Located in San Rafael de Heredia, Los Cedros farm has extraordinary conditions for growing a wide variety of specialty coffees, as it is located at a height of 1350 meters above sea level, with a relative humidity of 84%, an average temperature of 22 ° C, 2,500 mm rainfall and fertile volcanic soils.
Next, at Café Britt, get swept away by the unmistakable smell of our coffee roastery, as you discover how different roasting techniques affect the beans and the brew. We’ll reveal the roasting and packaging secrets that allow us to deliver the best Costa Rican coffee from the plantation to your cup—anywhere in the world.
You will also experience a professional tasting session in our theater. Then, you can prepare the drink in a personalized way together with the experts at Café Britt, using traditional methods such as the chorreador and other more innovative ones such as the vandola and the V60.
At the end of the tour, visit our factory store to savor exquisite chocolates, sweets and nuts, taste our wide variety of gourmet coffees and take the opportunity to take that souvenir or unique crafts from Costa Rica.